How to Always Stay Motivated
Tuesday February 03, 2009
“You must always be a winning example.” Art Williams
- Keep doing the same things you did as a District Leader.
- Field Train
- Build Leaders
- Don’t let negative people, losers, people who disappoint you, and rejections destroy your attitude.
- Always be positive
- Understand that people’s negative attitudes are caused because:
- They aren’t winning
- They don’t believe they can win
- They quit
- You must always be a “winning example.” (You must always
do it first.)
- You must have local success before your people believe.
(Not good enough for just company leaders to win.)
- You must have your priorities in order. (A lousy spiritual,
personal and family life equals a lousy business life.)
- You can’t tell your people what you think most of the time –
Can’t lose patience. This is an endurance contest.
- Don’t let your overrides dictate every dicision.
- Do what’s right
- Honor your commitments even if it costs you
- Your reputation is everything
- Be tough
- Want to quit – but can’t
- Get tired – but can’t rest
- Believe – when everyone doubts
- Don’t mess with your people’s money
- Don’t sell anything to your people
- Don’t charge your people rent, fees, etc
- Work hard.
- Hard work makes up for mistakes
- Build with a series of 90 day commitments
- Always keep prospecting – Builds mental toughness
- The key to maintaining an exciting atmosphere
- Keep ‘em coming and going
- Pass negatives up and positives down
- Contact someone everyday and thank, congratulate and
motivate them – Don’t wait, you will only discuss
problems if you do.
- Make your people feel good and special
- Always give compliments
- Look for the good things in people
- Ask your people their opinions and input
- People want to fell loved and needed
- Expect your people to succeed
- You run an RVP factory
- You sell hope and opportunity
- Be an eternal optimist
- Have the guts to let your people make mistakes.
You learn by doing.
- Forget your mistakes
- All you can do is all you can do
- Nobody’s perfect
- Treat your people good
- Don’t threaten and intimidate
- You might not like a person, but be good to him
- Build strong personal relationships. (You must live with
your people through good times and bad times.)
- Burn all bridges and make a total commitment
- You won’t ever be average and ordinary again.
- Total commitment brings happiness and purpose to your life.
- Build with the right kind of people
- Use the A.L. Williams profile
- Don’t overpromote or oversell. (Tell it like it is.)
- Get to know the spouse. (Really care about your people.)
- Be a good person and be loyal. (Your can’t fool people for very
- Always sell “The Dream.” (Everybody wants to be somebody.)
- Don’t worry about things that might happen…99% of the things
You worry about never happen.
- TOUGH TIMES DON’T LAST, BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO.
(Don’t show hurt and don’t show quit!)
Check out www.art-williams.net for more material from Art Williams